- 1-3 years of experience in SEO
- Broad range of all SEO skills (keyword research, technical audits, etc)
- VERY organized and great at managing deadlines
- Comfortable playing execution roles, as well as driving strategy
- Strong in Google Analytics / Omniture
- Full awareness of industry trends and comfortable writing opinions about them
- Experienced in managing client relationships
- Willingness to help develop internal processes to maximize efficiency
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of strategy (rankings, traffic, conversions) on client goals
- Advanced understanding of Excel (esp. pivot tables)
- Experience in Local/Video/Feed optimization (a major plus!)
- International SEO experience (also a plus)
Here’s what we think SEER has to offer:
- We are a company that cares. Last month alone we logged over 130 volunteer hours in 16 organizations.
- You get a megaphone! With thousands of people following us across email, Twitter, YouTube, etc., you’ll finally get your voice heard by the SEO community.
- Education Matters! Our conference budget is sizable; we want people to get out “there” and learn. This year over 50% of our team made it to a conference or three.
- We trust our team, so we give them extreme amounts of freedom; they don’t take advantage of that, and everything works out.
- Imagine. . .the next time you have an SEO issue, you can look left and right and grab one or two of 40 very talented team members to help you work out an architecture issue or a link building idea! No more feeling like you are on an island.
- Work with GREAT clients! We believe that putting great people with bad clients just wears them out. Who wants that? Our belief is simple – if we keep doing what’s right and building the best SEO-loving team out there, we won’t need to wonder where the next project is coming from. Wouldn’t it be fun to develop solutions for some of the world’s leading companies and some of the most innovative startups out there?
- We are intense! Our team likes to win – A LOT. Not in a trip-an-old-lady-down-a-flight-of-stairs-to-win way – Google is our scoreboard. Our clients see it and we see it, and that’s why we need to be GREAT. We let the scoreboard speak for itself.
- We offer stability! Thinking of relocating? We’re game for that! This company is, and always will be, about assembling the best team the web has ever seen.
- We offer a fantastic bonus program! Our bonus program is open; we share our numbers with everyone in the company on a quarterly basis. You’ll see how much is going into the bonus pool, and you’ll know what you can expect to receive once you become eligible. Everyone who dedicates their skills and time to SEER shares in our financial success.
- Great benefits! Our plan covers everything after the first $1500 of out-of-pocket expenses – but SEER covers the deductible, too, so you pay nothing – not even co-pays or prescription costs for the first $1500 of expenses! As long as we keep growing and doing well, we’ll never cut corners on your healthcare.
What a SEER Associate Looks Like
Innovative – Does the phrase “outside the box” make you cringe because it’s too inside the box? Are you comfortable thinking through a problem from every angle until you find a solution? If so, we should talk.
Independent – The good news is you’ll be responsible for your own success. The bad news is…well, you get the point. At SEER, you won’t have to ask permission. Of course, you’ll get all the guidance you need. But when push comes to shove, whether or not you get results is up to you.
Enthusiastic – Have you ever gotten strange looks because of how excited you get when talking about data? Perfect.
Competitive – Search marketing is about making sure the client gets more exposure, more leads, and more sales than the next guy. It helps to love the battle if you want to win the war.
It Doesn’t Have to Feel Like Work
Changing the world is hard. That’s why we make the process awesome. Our office is a renovated cathedral. The team rides roller coasters together whenever possible. There’s an office-wide ban on coming to work between Christmas and New Year’s. And so on. We know that if you’re happy, there’s a good chance you’ll make our clients happy.